Warehouse Supervisor (Nights)
The Midwest’s Largest Furniture and Mattress Retailer Art Van Furniture (www.artvan.com) is seeking an experienced warehouse supervisor at our Warren, MI Distribution Center. The qualified candidate will have exemplary leadership skills and experienced leading large teams in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
Our Continued growth in the Midwest with new store openings has created the need to add to our Leadership team in our Distribution Center. Reporting to one of the Warehouse Directors this qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Supervising the activities of the hourly associates responsible for incoming/outgoing merchandise movement.
- Ensuring all operations function in a timely and accurate manner without damage to merchandise or property.
- Ensure proper supervision and guidance to the team, performing performance management reviews as required with effective daily coaching.
- Strong drive and initiative. Must be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to work independently.
- Overseeing the loading and departure of trucks; ensuring merchandise is loaded accurately, safely and timely.
- Strong focus on safety and teamwork. Understanding of FLSA, OSHA, and safety guidelines.
- Lead by example and working on constant improvement of productivity and results as an effective coach and mentor with the team you support.
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- College degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of increasing responsibility in a distribution environment including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and computer operating systems.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity; please apply on-line at: www.artvan.com/careers. We offer a competitive salary, career growth and challenge as well as an outstanding slate of company paid benefits. Please include your salary history and requirements with your application.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4101