Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest independent Furniture and Mattress retailer is seeking a Visual Merchandiser to join our rapidly expanding and highly successful team.
Visual Merchandiser is responsible for displaying merchandise on showroom floors according to current marketing, merchandising and advertising plans. Develops merchandising goals designed to increase business and improve store aesthetics. Other duties include:
- Partner with the Store Manager; lead the flow of furniture and accessory product to sales floor, along with evaluating to determine merchandising strategies and product placement.
- Train store teams and develop team member understanding of visual merchandising, merchandising and current trends.
- Monitor quality of showroom goods and correct or initiate replacement of substandard floor samples.
- Ensure accurate inventory and assist with inventory, cycle counts and loss prevention measures.
Skills / Requirements
The position requires:
- Associate’s degree in Art, Interior Design, Merchandising, Fashion or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. (Bachelor’s degree in Art, Interior Design, Merchandising, Fashion or related field preferred.)
- A minimum of three years of merchandising or interior design experience or related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with lead teams of varying job functions.
- Knowledgeable of Windows-based computer applications.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate business reports and extract information pertinent to generating sales through merchandising.
- Demonstrated creativity and understanding of advanced merchandising techniques. Understanding of how to prepare and implement training programs and one on one coaching exercises.
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of retail business strategies.
- While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the associate’s work varies between retail store and warehouse environments. Frequently lifts at least fifty (50) pounds, moves furniture and accessories, and climb ladders. Continually walks, stands, bends, crouch, kneel, push and pull. Occasionally work performed at buildings under construction.
- Travel required.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2690