Vice President - Advertising
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest furniture and mattress retailer with over $1.3 billion in annual sales is seeking a Vice President of Advertising our Leadership team. Art Van currently operates over 180 locations in nine states under the Art Van, Levin Furniture, Wolf Furniture, Pure Sleep, and Scott Shuptrine Interiors banners. We have grown dramatically over the past decade and expect to continue that growth in the future.
Art Van Furniture is owned by Thomas H. Lee Partners ("THL"), one of the world's oldest and most experienced private equity firms. Founded in 1974, THL has raised over $22 billion of equity capital and invested in more than 140 portfolio companies with an aggregate value of over $150 billion.
The Vice President of Advertising will be responsible for development and the successful implementation of the company’s advertising production, placement and performance with key result areas:
- Effectiveness of advertising - increase in sales, ROIs and traffic.
- Total advertising expenditures versus budget.
- Guest Engagement
- Creating and scheduling multiple media advertising
- Providing the latest production knowledge on technologies, services and tools
- Coordinates with other departments to ensuring advertising campaigns match the inventory and the corporate strategy and information is communicated to the stores
- Directs Ad agencies by approving creative materials, production schedules and budgets
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience to create the company’s multi-media retail advertising programs by:
- A minimum of eight (8) years of increasing responsibility in the advertising field including a minimum of three (3) years of supervisory responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Overseeing and approving creative concept and production
- Ensuring customer ROAI
- Manages department budget and ensuring billings to stores/departments are completed and accurate
Art Van Furniture is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base, incentive, equity opportunity, 401(k), and a comprehensive slate of benefits. Learn more about our company by viewing the company video at
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2598