Social Media Manager
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Social Media Manager in the Marketing Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Social Media Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the VP of Acquisition Marketing, you will be responsible for maintaining our loyal fan base while welcoming new customers to the community through engaging content and a forward thinking, on-brand social media strategy. Other responsibilities include:
- Set the vision and lead implementation of an annual social media plan and strategies to guide the prioritization, development and execution of on-going daily, monthly, quarterly and annual social-driven initiatives to elevate & extend the brand, create new followers and expand the overall social audience
- Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track KPIs and benchmarks
- Expertly manage, monitor, create and execute all key social media messaging on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube, as well as other emerging social media platforms
- Collaborate closely with creative to develop relevant, engaging and thought-provoking social content
- Work closely with the corporate communications team and across functions to develop channel strategies, engagement strategies, and social guidelines and execution of social media management
- Develop briefs for social campaigns
- Lead and encourage a world-class social relationship team, focused on as agility as new social trends arise and technology changes. Oversee management of social editorial calendar; determine the placement and cadence of engaging content, ensure the right volume and quality, provide content optimization recommendations based on performance and ensure strong brand voice on daily posts, staying current on what's trending online and what people are talking about
- Influencer Relations (leveraging partnerships to develop cross-promotional opportunities)
- Manage analytics, reporting and dashboards to maximize the social experience for all customers; leverage insight to identify opportunities for improvement and rationale for business decision making
- Work closely with Customer Service to understand voice of the customer
- Attend webinars, read industry blogs and follow digital thought leaders in the space in order to develop a POV regarding new service offerings that adapt to a rapidly changing social and demographic landscape
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in paid social and paid search marketing. Brand-side omnichannel retail experience highly preferred.
- Experience in social media marketing, public relations, &/or agency
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience managing, mentoring, and developing internal and external staff/vendors.
- Experience managing, mentoring & developing people in a collaborative yet somewhat ambiguous environment
- Expert knowledge of social media
- Strong social copywriting skills and demonstrable creative/concepting skills
- Active social media user
- Strategic planning experience
- Ability to see from the consumer’s perspective and serve as their advocate
- Passionate about understanding consumer behavior with a demonstrated ability to translate findings into meaningful, prosperous long-term relationships
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with an ability to make decisions for the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills a must
- Results-based creative and strategic thinker who can take on a number of campaigns, at once, and thrive in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously juggling competing and/or changing priorities
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient
- Exude a passion for social media
- A story teller and exude excitement when the team succeeds
- Understand how to create & build communities of consumers
- A role model in Company values and behaviors (PARTNERS)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and all relevant social media tools
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4299