Site Merchandising Manager
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest furniture and mattress retailer is seeking a Site Merchandising Manager to join our Digital Commerce team. Art Van currently operates over 180 locations in nine states under the Art Van Furniture, Levin Furniture, Wolf Furniture, Pure Sleep, and Scott Shuptrine Interiors banners.
This role is responsible for ensuring that the product data accuracy, on-site features and overall catalog health is optimized. As a Site Merchandising Manager, you will own the customer’s navigation funnel and efforts will be focused on the product catalog, category pages, product detail pages, associated product widgets, and on-site search results.
This person will be presenting information to various departments, diagnosing operational issues, and regularly liaising with marketing and merchandising teams, customer service, and operations to provide an excellent customer experience through outstanding product presentation.
The ideal candidate for this role is a hard-working, creative, and energetic person who enjoys the challenge of a digital startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Must be a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial hands-on approach along with the ability to work at a fast pace, meet deadlines, and get results.
- Must be detailed-oriented with ability to oversee projects from origin through execution
Skills / Requirements
- Maximizes product sales and profitability by developing and managing the merchandising strategies for area of responsibility.
- Identify and leverage category business opportunities based on industry and product trends to ensure competitive.
- Review and react to sales performance. Continually seek new ways to drive sales.
- Drive initiatives for designated merchandise through all appropriate digital channels and coordinate timing of new products to ensure a virtual floor set online that reflects a branded in-store experience.
- Evaluate and maintain effective category groupings, sequencing, site search filtering and categorization strategies reinforcing a positive brand experience.
- Utilize selling and analytics to identify opportunities to drive incremental sales.
- Align merchandising activities with product margin goals and incorporate brand/creative direction to optimize digital marketing performance.
- Ensure that products are loaded into the system in-time working interdepartmentally to keep consistent with established standards.
- Coordinate with the Digital Commerce team for production and release of all product catalog content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of experience in retail, merchandising, design is preferred eCommerce experience
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
Art Van Furniture is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base, incentive, equity opportunity, 401(k), and a comprehensive slate of benefits. Learn more about our company by viewing the company video at
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2628