Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in the Accounting Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Senior Financial Analyst? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will be responsible for the preparation and assembly of monthly financial reports at store, department and division levels. Generation of monthly scorecard, operating metrics, and trend analysis. Assist with budget and forecasting and evaluation of growth initiatives including Return on Investment and Cash-on -Cash returns analysis.
Other responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining Profit & Loss Statements at store, department and division levels.
- Generating monthly performance metrics including store and product line sales and margin trends against established targets. Assist with developing product line profit models.
- Generating multiple year comparisons and trend analysis of key operating metrics at the store level including traffic, close rate, average sale, sales, margin, and staff cost performance,
- Analyzing monthly operating results and create/maintaining financial schedules to highlight operating performance variances.
- Work with department managers and assist with understand performance variances to plan and prior year results.
- Tracking capital project spend and report on actual plan expenditures.
- Compare new store operating performance with business case assumptions, and identify variance drivers.
- Support the planning process and assist with the development of supplemental schedules for preparation and upload of the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Assist with preparing Proformas, ROI and cash-on cash return analysis of new store and market opportunities.
- Assist with the analysis of franchise and acquisition candidates including review of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, working capital and cash flow statements.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as directed or projects as assigned.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting Required
- Minimum 2-5 years in Financial Analysis. Retail background highly preferred.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel, (including strong experience with Pivot Tables and Vlookup functions), Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be familiar with various accounting systems and programs.
- Experienced with ROI and cash-on cash return.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with constrained timelines without compromising accuracy or quality of deliverables
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4487