Art Van Furniture is a leader in the furniture industry. Growing Sales and Building Talent are our priorities and we are looking for high performing leaders who are passionate about driving sales. In addition, the ideal candidate has a need for achievement, competitive spirit and has a proven track record of delivering results. Our environment is fast paced and customer oriented.
The "Selling Manager" is a sales associate that has been certified and trained to take on responsibilities as a manager when necessary.
Management duties include, customer experience, supervising associates and coordinating all sales related activities of the assigned store to meet or exceed Company’s goals, objectives and standards. When not engaged in management tasks, the Selling Manager will be working to provide a great customer experience to meet their individual sales goals. We expect this position to lead by example and mentor others when present which includes:
- Personal Written Sales
- Delivery Charge % of Total
- Associate Engagement
- Personal Delivered Sales
- Cancellation %
- Guest Engagement
- Net Average Sale
- Value add % of Total
- Overall Store Results
- Floor Sample Margin
- Coaching and Mentoring
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of multiple category retail sales experience or related sales experience. Previous leadership experience preferred along with furniture retail sales or high ticket commission experience.
- Communication skills, computer skills, proven attention to detail, working knowledge of store operations including sales process for a commission environment.
- Work performed in a store environment. Continuously walks and stands on the store’s show room floor. Stands for extended periods of time. Occasionally sits and works at a computer workstation or desk.
- Acts as the Manager-On-Duty when necessary and is responsible for all supervisory functions within the store (including opening and closing the store).
- Provides "on the spot" coaching to help close sales and creates a "TO" by pairing the guest with the best qualified associate for their needs.
- Handles leadership and administrative duties when necessary.
- Provides manager approvals for associates’ invoices as needed.
- Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the store when necessary.
- Works with store leadership to plan and executive effective sales meetings.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
Selling Managers receive competitive pay and benefits for their efforts. Our compensation programs include:
- A competitive salary and monthly incentive program
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Personal and Sick Time
- 2 Weeks of Paid Vacation immediately
- Generous associate discount program
- A 401(k) plan
If you are interested in being part of Art Van’s growing future, we are interested in you!
Apply today at: jobs.artvan.com
Veterans are encouraged to apply.