Salesforce Commerce Cloud Developer
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Salesforce Developer in the Omni Channel Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Salesforce Developer? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the VP of Omni Channel, you will be responsible for designing, developing, configuring, testing, implementing and sustaining effective, compliant Omni-Channel solutions. This role collaborates with peers on the technical and business teams to design and build solutions that support the omni-channel roadmap and objectives.
We’re looking for someone to be the lead internal technical resource for enhancements to the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) application, partner with internal and external development resources to manage ongoing development on the SFCC platform along with integrations from SFCC to other applications and tools, and provide effective ongoing enhancements and support of these integrations. We need someone to effectively identify and resolve issues as they relate to the SFCC platform and its integrations with other applications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide high quality code solutions to implement, enhance and support omni-channel platform projects in a cross-browser environment across mobile, desktop and tablet in a mobile-first approach.
- Back End Developer Job Functions: Work on business logic, real time, and back office integrations, using Commerce Cloud Script and pipelines to manipulate data. Integrate with external services and create jobs for processing data.
- Be the internal subject matter expert on the SFCC platform, earn the SFCC Developer certification and become an expert in the API, management tools, and capabilities. Use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned, based on the technical specification for the task.
- Produce code assets in adherence to SFCC standards. Work with user experience team to develop user interface concepts that support the intended purpose.
- Ensure all developments are fully documented, go through a testing process, and meet high level design requirements, e.g. data, customer experience, architecture, security, quality & operations.
- Participate in sprint planning meetings, project scrum meetings, and retrospective meetings. Accurately report on development progress and issues, identifying remedial action when required to address problems and keep development on track.
- Develop high level and detailed design specifications. Analyze business and user needs and decide upon the best course of action. Document strategies/approaches to solutions based on a thorough review of the desired goal(s) and departmental objectives. Document tasks, modifications and application flows.
- Perform unit and integration testing. Perform rigorous testing of all fixes, changes, additions and enhancements to any application system. Notify team members of any changes to the application.
- Create slots and slot configurations, resource bundles, checkout flow, import and export feeds.
- Provide information to other developers by sharing programming, analytical, and application knowledge.
Skills / Requirements
Responsible for oversight and direction of internal front-end development team members. Art Van uses a combination of local vendors, and off-shore (India) resources.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Certified Platform Developer II Certification preferred.
- 3+ years of design and development of eCommerce applications using the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Platform (formerly Demandware).
- Experience with object oriented programming techniques, APIs, and Web Services--both SOAP and REST.
- Experience using Pipelines, JS Controllers, Demandware Script, ISML Templates, and Real time data exchange using Web services.
- Knowledge of Version Control such as SVN CloudForge, Git.
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud - Experience in Administration, Configuration, Implementation; Experience in Content Management; Experience in creating the Validation Rules, Approval Process, workflows.
- Omni-Channel - Experience with eCommerce/Digital/Retail environment.
- Communication Skills - Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, both one-on-one and in group settings, with both onshore and offshore personnel.
- Business Acumen - Understands how business works; knows the competition; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology; and information affecting his/her business and organization. Uses data information to improve service, and acts with customer in mind. Understands the organization’s mission, values, operations, and goals.
- Results Oriented - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self, partners, and others for results. Able to define, measure, and report meaningful measures of service and process effectiveness.
- Process Orientation - Familiarity with the ITIL process model. Uses practices, processes, and systems to manage work and to simplify and use resources efficiently and effectively. Drives change through process design and implementation.
- Planning and Organization - Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Team Oriented ?? Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Sought out by others for advice and solutions. Able to prioritize activities and set goals and milestones.
- Technical Learning - Understands all components of IT infrastructure and how they support the business; is good at learning industry, company, product, or technical knowledge developments.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.