Art Van Furniture, Midwest's largest furniture retailer, is expanding and our growth is your opportunity for success!
Art Van Furniture (www.artvan.com) is one of the most successful furniture retailers in the nation. We are well known for offering quality and style at an affordable price. Because of this dramatic growth, we are seeking experienced retail Sales Managers to support our expansion. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of as many as 50 professional sales associates generating millions of dollars in annual sales. Our showrooms are "state of the art" and we have been nationally recognized for the quality of our merchandising and the expertise and capability of our associates.
Working under the direction of your Store Manager, your duties will include:
- Managing all aspects of the store selling operation including hiring new sales associates, scheduling and coaching existing team members as well as monitoring and managing sales performance metrics.
- "Driving sales" and increasing overall store performance by building and maintaining a high-performing sales team.
- Providing overall "engagement leadership" by acting as a coach and mentor for the store selling team.
- Ensuring that "your" Art Van store represents our brand and your skills to your customers and the community at large by creating and maintaining a store that supports our "easy and delightful" shopping creed.
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- Prior personal sales experience in a commission sales environment in a fashion or high-ticket retailer.
- A minimum of two years prior experience leading a professional sales team in a multi-line retail environment.
- Although a post-high school degree is not required; a two or four year degree in business would be an asset to any candidate.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and computer operating systems.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity; please apply on-line at: http://jobs.artvan.com/ We offer a competitive salary, career growth and challenge as well as an outstanding slate of company paid benefits. Please include your salary history and requirements with your application.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3808