Art Van Furniture, Michigan's largest furniture retailer and America's largest independent furniture retailer, is growing! Our growth is your opportunity for success!
We are seeking a safety Coordinator to join our Loss Prevention team. The Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Mitigating the organization's exposure to risk by formulating, developing, and coordinating all claims-related activities.
- Responsible for post loss reduction techniques such as salvage, subrogation and rehabilitation.
- Establish and monitor key risk indicators, as well as implement corrective action plans to mitigate risks.
- Provide training and technical support regarding safety and risk management strategies and programs.
- Develop and implement strategies to prevent or eliminate safety hazards and repeat injury.
- Conducting Risk and Safety Audits at both store and warehouse locations.
- Work closely with Worker’s Compensation Manager on internal injury claims.
- Represents the organization at all OSHA (and state agency) investigations and hearings.
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, risk management, occupational health and safety or similar field is required. Membership and professional certification in a recognized risk and/or safety association preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in retail safety and/or risk management. Experience must be with a multi-site retailer and include warehousing, distribution and fleet management
- Experience with Working knowledge of fire protection systems and legal training as it relates to safety and risk management. Ability to work with third party administrators, insurance companies, adjusters and regulatory agencies. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Some traveling required between stores and corporate office to conduct audits, training and field investigations.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and incentive plan combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van Furniture by reviewing our company video at: "Learn About Art Van Furniture".
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3046