Regional Manager - In-Home Furniture Service
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Regional Manager in the Customer and Field Service Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Regional Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the VP of Customer and Field Service, you will be responsible for managing the In Home Furniture Service Technicians in the Metro Detroit region. This person will act as an authority for in home and store repair operations, productivity and quality. This person maintains a strong customer orientation, continually looking for ways to improve processes, experience, and performance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the Metro Detroit region for Service (repair) Technicians
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, team productivity, and product quality.
- Lead for Operations within the region, including service scheduling, route optimization, on-road productivity, repair quality, in-home customer service, and spare parts lead time management.
- Leverages data, systems, and processes to drive continuous improvement across all KPIs: First Time Completion Rate, Completion Percentage Rate, Net Promoter Score / Customer Satisfaction, Service Repair Cases, Cost % Sales, and Labor Cost per Piece Repaired.
- Provides assistance and/or directs customer responses for customer service agents and service technicians.
- Partners with the Quality Assurance team regarding repetitive product failure, handling or packaging issues.
- Monitors the flow of all merchandise and parts associated with the shop repair process at each store shop or main shop.
- Responsible for replacement supplies and parts inventories and support of store backroom quarterly merchandise inventory.
- Monitors and completes merchandise inspections and provides explanations and estimates for customers requesting on-site service repairs.
- Oversees and maintains customer repair parts operations, processes and personnel for In-Home Service.
- Coordinates with Central Service for optimal efficient coverage and operation.
- Coordinates with the fleet manager to ensure that all company and state driving requirements for In-Home Technicians are maintained and in compliance.
- Ensures daily vehicle inspections and maintenance are scheduled and completed timely.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Management responsibilities include hiring and firing; establishing work schedules; managing time and attendance; providing training; assigning, directing and reviewing work; writing and delivering performance reviews; and addressing performance/conduct issues through the corrective action process for the In-Home Furniture Service staff. The Regional manager oversees approximately 50 In-Home Technicians.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Supply Chain Management, Operations) preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of management experience in an operations environment, with increasing leadership responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing multiple projects, and in problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication verbally and in writing.
- Knowledgeable with company’s computer operating system; and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with final mile routing software preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift, climb, kneel, push and pull while performing inspections of merchandise repairs. Regular travel to store locations.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4389