Network Architect, Information Systems
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Network Architect in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Network Architect? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Services, you will be responsible for handling overall network strategy and architecture of Art Van as the organization moves from an on-premise environment to cloud platform. Strong architecture, implementation and service operations experience in the deployment of the network Point of Presences, content delivery networks, and performance management monitoring tooling.
- Develop a comprehensive network architecture and strategy that encompasses the entire network of corporate, stores and warehouses of Art Van.
- Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements, engineer and deploy solutions. A strong project architecture/ design, and project management skillset is required
- Transition traditional and legacy network solutions to contemporary solutions using the Internet, Cloud, Open Source etc. Must understand modern, cloud-based applications and infrastructure designs
- Maintain the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation and defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Develop, document and publish architectural standards and designs, drive consistent service standards that are global, agile, scalable and easy to maintain
- Maximize network performance - Oversee vendors and partners that provide engineering resources to monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages (incident management), scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Lead data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources. Use contracted third parties for detailed engineering skills
- Develop network designs that meet cyber safety, compliance and regulatory requirements of the business. Partner with CISO and Security Operations Manager to ensure network remains a safe and secure asset for the company. Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access. Support Security and Compliance team with implementation of network environments in line with IT security policy
- Review reports of network operational status and support operations teams as required
- Provide direction as necessary to teams on:
- upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- configuring routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation
- remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
- capacity management and audit of network systems
- project management teams, third-line engineers and service desk engineers on a regular basis
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- BS degree in Computer Science or Technology
- 7 years’ experience in network engineering and global implementation of reliable, scalable, and secure network infrastructure
- Experience with multi-location retail environments with substantial distributed infrastructure
- Experience creating technology roadmap, blue prints and tactical to strategic execution plans
- Working experience with next generation architectures (private/public/hybrid Cloud, Containers etc.) and understand how to implement and evolve applications and infrastructure in the cloud
- Strong Network experience in architecture and hands on configuration skill of network equipment
- Experience in Network Engineering principals, hands-on implementation, and physical/logical configuration best practices
- Experience in routing and switching technologies & protocols; including QoS
- Experience with outsourced and hosted 3rd party service providers. Skilled at supervising and managing the delivery of services using an external/ distributed team.
- Proven analytic skills and the ability to isolate and resolve complex issues.
- Strength in building architectural roadmaps, business cases, strong understanding and vision of next generation networking technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to defend and support ideas.
- Demonstrated communication skills working with senior executives
- Ability to provide direction, communicate and provide strong leadership to network vendors who provide products and services
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2958