Merchandise Planning Specialist
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, and one of the top 10 in the United States is seeking an experienced Merchandise Planner to join our Merchandise Planning and Allocation team.
In this high visibility / high impact position, you will report to either the Director of Merchandise Planning and work within our store merchandising group. This position is assigned to a buyer or group of buyers and partners with them to develop, document and report on a specific segment of the company’s merchandise planning process. The Merchandise Planning Specialist works with assigned buyers to understand the product specific business strategies and sell through to ensure that the product purchases and merchandise flow are optimized in terms of meeting the financial and sales goals of the company. In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Partner with Buyers and other business leaders to drive and execute key inventory and merchandising decisions that impact overall business performance.
- Provides tactical support and reporting to assigned buyer(s).
- Conducts "hindsight" analysis to evaluate product performance and identify opportunities for future plans and strategies.
- Reviews performance of promotional plans and strategies.
- Conducts accurate "what-if" analysis around promotions, pricing, and seasonal strategies.
- Works with buyer(s) to develop monthly sales, gross margin, margin rate, and inventory turn targets.
- Completes accurate forecasts to influence buys and inventory flow
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Merchandise Planning.
- Two to five years’ experience in high volume merchandise planning experience in a retail environment.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Experience with Word, Excel, databases and Merchandise Planning systems.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2854