Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Media Manager in the Marketing Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Media Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Vice President of Acquisition Marketing, you will be responsible for marketing acquisition campaigns across Art Van’s major channels of TV, radio, print, and out of home. This role will coordinate with internal stakeholders, executives and external agency partners that play a critical role in the growth of Art Van.
Other responsibilities include:
- Own the execution of our TV, radio, print and OOH acquisition programs, including strategic media planning, budgeting, and measurement/reporting
- Responsible for the management of Art Van’s external media buying agency
- Develop and manage media budget
- Analyze performance and leverage data
- Monitor performance and summarize results to executive teams
- Ongoing evaluation and recommendations of campaigns
- Provide new testing opportunities based on strategy, performance and category data
- Develop and maintain day-to-day relationships with media providers
- Direct print media purchase and placement for newspaper, magazine and direct mail
- Collaborate with the Director, Promotional Planning and executive management on development and execution of promotional calendars and sale event details
- Communicate advertising programs internally with stores and externally with vendors
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in media
- Shows Drive and Initiative: Pursues high standards and maintains a high level of productivity. Focuses on meaningful results and achieves them. Puts in extra effort to accomplish critical goals and looks for new ways to improve.
- Manages Execution & Accountability: Effectively delegates and manages time. Sets and communicates clear expectations, measures performance results and holds staff accountable for achieving goals within expected timelines.
- Established Relationships: Relates well to others and builds trust. Effectively builds relationships at all level to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Analyze Issues: Focuses on the most important information to address a problem. Uncovers "real" issue, considers others point of view and arrives at optimal solution.
- Makes Sound Decisions: Considers Company strategy, "pro’s" and "con’s" to the business and PARTNERS values in decision making. Uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time and chooses the best alternative.
- Shows Adaptability: Adapts well to other people. Flexible with new policies, procedures and changing priorities. Copes well with frustration and maintains a positive outlook while under pressure.
- Self Improvement: Places an emphasis on learning and being more effective. Open to coaching and feedback, willing to accept new challenges to improve. Proactive about staying informed of the industry and competition.
- Is a role model in Company values and behaviors (PARTNERS).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and cultivate relationships with vendors.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and the computer operating systems.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4179