Manager of Analytics
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Manager of Analytics in the IT Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Manager of Analytics? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the VP of IT, you will be responsible for managing and driving the data analytics strategies for Art Van. Provide direction and structure to the analytics team to deliver data insights in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Other responsibilities include:
- Partner with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their data and analytics needs, and define and implement solutions to meet those needs.
- Oversee the strategic use of enterprise data across the organization delivering insights to improve productivity, reduce cost, and improve revenue and margins.
- Develop a strong foundation of predictive, prescriptive recommendation models around our products, pricing, customers and operations that will drive organic growth.
- Manage project appropriation requests, timelines, expenditures and resource plans for recommended projects.
- Develop measurement plans and strategies to provide insight into business performance, address learning objectives and improve the effectiveness of the program.
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources using a variety of tools and analysis techniques.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data.
- Apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze experiments and user behavior.
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approach.
- Supervise and manage the data analytics contractors.
- Authorities as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, industrial engineering, statistics, or related fields; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5 years of significant analytics, business intelligence, and/or IT work experience, with at least 2 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Experience in Microsoft technology stack including (but not limited to) Power BI, data modeling and design, SQL, Azure, and other similar tools.
- Business Acumen - Understands how business works; knows the competition; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology; and information affecting his/her business and organization. Uses data information to improve service, and acts with customer in mind. Understands the organization’s mission, values, operations, and goals.
- Results Oriented - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self, partners, and others for results. Able to define, measure, and report meaningful measures of service and process effectiveness.
- Process Orientation - Familiarity with the ITIL process model. Uses practices, processes, and systems to manage work and to simplify and use resources efficiently and effectively. Drives change through process design and implementation.
- Data Visualization - Strong familiarity with industry leading data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Data mining and processing - Solid experience working with SQL, and/or Python along with experience in relational databases
- Vendor Management - Able to develop relationships and define processes and services with vendors and partners. Able to develop metrics that measure the value contributed by partners and hold them accountable for results. Able to lead external team members.
- Develops Direct Reports - Establishes clear directions, delegates workload appropriately, and is a clear communicator. Holds frequent development discussions; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; will take on those who need help and further development; is a people builder.
- Planning and Organization - Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Can gather resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done. Use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Team Oriented - Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers.
- Peer Relationships - can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can influence others and solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Encourages collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans groups of stakeholders.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Sought out by others for advice and solutions. Able to prioritize activities and set goals and milestones.
- Technical Learning - Understands all components of data infrastructure and how they support the business; is good at learning industry, company, product, or technical knowledge developments.
- Presentation and Communication Skills - Effectively communicates complex and technical issues to diverse audiences with clarity and conciseness; commands attention and can manage group process during a presentation.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4534