Manager - Merchandise Planning & Allocation
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, and one of the top 10 in the United States is seeking an experienced Merchandise Planning and Allocation professional to join our Merchandising team as Manager - Merchandise Planning and Allocation.
In this high visibility / high impact position, you will report to the Director - Merchandise Planning and Allocation and work within our store merchandising group. The goal of the position is to identify and execute on key process improvement opportunities within your assigned merchandising categories. The position will work with merchandising leaders and buyers to develop merchandise flow and product allocations aimed at exceeding the financial metrics, maximize sales for productivity and profitability while fulfilling regional needs. In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, in collaboration with merchants, and execute standardized floor plans, e-slot plans that will represent a core assortment of 70% across all three operating divisions of the company.
- Drive and execute key inventory and merchandising strategies that impact overall business performance.
- Conduct analysis to evaluate product performance and identify opportunities for changes in future plans and strategies.
- Weekly review of promotional plans and strategies in collaboration with assigned merchant team.
- Co-Develop and manage monthly sales, gross margin, inventory, open-to-buy, promotional allowance, and other merchandising plans and strategies.
- Manage in-stock availability on A,B,C skus.
- Manage quality of inventory.
- Manage e-Slot compliance.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Merchandise Planning.
- Minimum 3 years of high volume merchandise planning experience in a retail environment.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Experience with Word, Excel, databases and Merchandise Planning systems.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2600