Lead BI Developer/PM, Information Systems
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Lead BI Developer/PM in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Lead BI Developer/PM? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will work closely with key departments to define, design, and implement impactful analytics solutions to drive decision making in a multi-location retail business. Partners with key business stakeholders to identify needs and define solutions to meet them. This role owns the front end, user-facing processes for data and analytics requirements, development tools and provides overall management for the delivery of business and analytics projects in a Microsoft technology environment.
- Partner with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their data and analytics needs, and defines and implements solutions to meet those needs. Ability to engage stakeholders with innovative, insightful, and practical ideas, then implement them with a sense of urgency is required.
- Responsible for the overall architectural, strategic direction, and the day to day operation of the delivery of insights in the BI/Analytics platform to meet key business needs. This role works within a team, but is the key driver for creating engagement and excitement in the stakeholder community.
- Ensure BI/Analytics solutions and processes are designed, planned, and developed consistently, practically, to meet the needs of the business, and adhere to defined technology standards. Design, plan, and implement changes to the environment consistent with Art Van IT strategic direction and the goal of standardization.
- Maintain a high level of technical proficiency and expertise in data, SQL, Azure SQL, cloud analytics and other technologies in the domain.
- Participate with overall IT leadership team to define IT strategy across the entire technology platform including risk assessments and roadmaps.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 5 - 8 years of experience of IT and business industry work experience, with at least 3 years of deep technical experience managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Results and Process Orientated, exceeds goals successfully while pushing others for results. Strong familiarity with ITIL process model and drives change through process design and implementation.
- Vendor Management skills to develop relationships, define processes, develop metrics and measure value to hold partnerships accountable for results. Must be able to lead external team members (primarily off shore).
- Develops direct reports, has a team orientated mind set and maintains impeccable peer relationships while encouraging collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans all stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organization skills, can gather resources (people, funding, material and support), while using these resources effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, exercise good judgment and be flexible in response to change. Able to prioritize and set gals and milestones.
- Understands all components of IT infrastructure and effectively communicates complex and technical issues to a diverse audience with clarity and conciseness.
- Proficient in Microsoft technology stack including (but not limited to) Power BI, data modeling and design, SQL, Azure, and other similar tools.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2874