IT Program Manager, Information Systems
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a IT Problem Manager in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a IT Program Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, IT Service management, you will be responsible for providing leadership to Art Van & Vendor technical teams during high priority ongoing incidents and problem management phases of the service management lifecycle.
- Conducts data analysis on incident data to identify and prioritize possible candidates for improvement by fixing problems. Uses the ITIL service model and methodology. Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of major production incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization.
- Hosts Problem Review calls to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence.
- Manages the life cycle of all Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation. Owning the process of seeing this through to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Drives complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation and technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams.
- Ensures the QA around Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation, protecting the production environment.
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to collaborate on Continuous Improvement efforts and drive stability of Art Van system environment.
- Facilitates the discussion between Problem owners and the infrastructure teams in order to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis to outline objectives that can be completed in order to design more resilient systems.
- Owns the Problem Management process, prioritizing with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored.
- Communicate and manage expectations during problem resolution and act as a point of escalation.
- Collaborates with other leads (Change Manager, Service Desk Lead etc.) to solve problems and continuously improve the processes.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- BS/BA in related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization.
- Expertise in ITIL service management framework.
- Excellent communication (internal customer and interpersonal), technical and analysis skills.
- Maintains high degree of professionalism and works well in a team environment.
- Detailed oriented, strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledgeable in various tools relating to the Management of Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge Management and reports.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2956