Information Technology - Financial Analyst
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s premier furniture and mattress retailer and one of America’s 10 largest furniture retailers, continues to grow very rapidly. Our growth has created a new opening opportunity for an IT Financial Analyst to join our corporate team.
In this role, reporting to our CIO, they will monitor actual financial performance against budgeted and forecast expectations and will ensure the requisite cost models support expenditure approvals and align with business plans, budgets, and other financial tracking mechanisms. This includes the development of periodic and ad hoc reports as well as action appropriate financial transactions to support their assigned functional areas. Other duties include:
- Manage financial processes for IT including the development of budgets and forecast, monitoring the actual versus budget amounts.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Identify key risks and opportunities to budgets and / or forecasts.
- Provide timely and accurate periodic reporting such as actual performance versus planned/forecast expectations and prior period performance.
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
Skills / Requirements
The position requires:
- Must have experience with advanced financial and business transactions
- Must have experience with translating complicated financial concepts into business practices.
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- Partnering with IT to streamline and automate processes.
- Technology experience and aptitude is a strong asset.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of three to five years accounting experience. Retail experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be proficient with Excel at the EXPERT level (pivot tables, Vlookups). Proficiency with Word and Power Point also required.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2701