Director - Vendor Management
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, and one of the top 10 in the United States is seeking a Director for Vendor Management. In this newly created role you will support driving best in class vendor relationships and drive compliance.
The Director of Vendor Management facilitates and maintains relationships between internal buyers and vendors, negotiates contracts, creates vendor standards, and finds the best available vendors. May require travel to various locations to meet with vendors or visit stores. Key Results Areas are: Sales Targets, In-Stock, Control Damages, On-Time Delivery, Team Building, Accountable Leadership, Analytical Skills, Problem Solving. In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Act as liaison between buyers and vendors on terms of purchase and follow up.
- Research vendors to find the best products and prices available within the market.
- Establish standards and guidelines for vendors, monitoring vendors to ensure these policies are being followed against terms of agreement.
- Manage Vendor Compliance and manage targets with monthly reporting.
- Troubleshoot vendor problems and needs, from tech issues to operations support
- Measure and report on vendor performance.
- Collaborate with Merchants (buyers) to establish targets and terms for agreements.
- Identify and implement continuous efficiencies associated with vendor management plus produce fulfillment rates.
- Periodically travel to vendors to establish and maintain relationships with vendors, on a daily basis.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS)
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Education: 4-year Bachelor degree in sales, marketing, or similar field or equivalent education and experience
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience working in Vendor Management in a retail environment
- Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to make informed decisions
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work with a wide range of executives
- Superb communication skills - written and verbal across various communication channels
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Working Conditions:
- Work is generally performed in an office setting
- Travel may be a periodic job requirement
- May have to walk or stand for long periods
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3900