Director of Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering, Information Systems
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Director of Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering in the Information Systems department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Director of Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for infrastructure operations and support; infrastructure architecture and engineering (including projects and changes); and information security in a multi-site retail business. Develops and provides overall management for infrastructure projects, budgets, staffing/talent management, and manages the relationships with key partners.
Like many retailers, Art Van maintains a heavily distributed infrastructure with a lot of components residing in stores. Historically, the infrastructure has been on premise. Now, Art Van is moving to a more consumer friendly digital engagement model in a hybrid cloud architecture. This approach puts significant pressure on the store network, continuity planning, and security. The transition is expected to take 12-18 months.
- Oversee infrastructure and network operations center, ensuring consistency and uniformity of processes, practices, and operating standards.
- Responsible for the overall architectural, strategic direction, and the day to day operation of the company’s infrastructure capabilities with defined SLAs and commitments.
- Responsible for detailed SLA/SLO metrics, addressing availability, assets, operations milestone completion, incident management, facility heath, capacity, and backups.
- Work with other IT and department leaders to determine where financial and human capital resources are best utilized and allocated to maintain efficiency and operational excellence.
- Ensure consistent and stable image and configuration management of servers, firewalls, switches, routers, and other key devices.
- Design, plan, and implement changes to the environment consistent with Art Van IT strategic direction and the goal of standardization.
- Define, plan, and execute projects that impact store or centralized computing components.
- Recruit, train, develop, and evaluate staff in support of functional area needs and expectations. Responsible for the day to day direction and leadership of external/ offshore technology team members.
- Participate with overall IT leadership team to define IT strategy across the entire technology platform including risk assessments and roadmaps.
- Lead the IT security steering committee of cross functional leaders to guide the overall IT risk mitigation of the company.
- Define business continuity/disaster recovery program.
- Ensure compliance with PCI, SOX, and other audit/control functions, and the remediation of gaps.
- Oversee the enterprise IT change control process including applications administration and change governance.
- Responsible for team managing end point and device management for end user computing supporting (desktop/laptop). Monitor the age and support/maintenance approach for all devices in the environment.
- Develop plans and strategies for supporting device failures and replacements/upgrades to meet defined service levels.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 10 - 15 years of experience of IT and business industry work experience, with at least 5 years of leadership experience managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects.
- Results and Process Orientated, exceeds goals successfully while pushing others for results. Strong familiarity with ITIL process model and drives change through process design and implementation.
- Vendor Management skills to develop relationships, define processes, develop metrics and measure value to hold partnerships accountable for results. Must be able to lead external team members (primarily off shore).
- Develops direct reports, has a team orientated mind set and maintains impeccable peer relationships while encouraging collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans all stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organization skills, can gather resources (people, funding, material and support), while using these resources effectively and efficiently.
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, exercise good judgment and be flexible in response to change. Able to prioritize and set gals and milestones.
- Understands all components of IT infrastructure and effectively communicates complex and technical issues to a diverse audience with clarity and conciseness.
- Proficient in network, database administration, computer operations and production support.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2875