Director of Enterprise Systems and Solutions - ERP
The Director of Business Systems and Solutions will select, manage, upgrade, enhance, develop, define and support the core business applications. The position is responsible for planning activities that support the back-office application and data needs of Art Van. He/She will review data requirements, review and approve application designs, decisions, and development of processes, policies, and controls. The position will establish a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company. Working with the business and IT leaders, the Director of Enterprise Systems and Solutions role is also responsible for leading our selection and implementation of a new ERP solution, developing and driving data strategy, Agile methodology, and application architecture across the entire back-office business applications, functions and business areas.
- Lead the selection and implementation of a new ERP solution
- Lead the selection and manage Financial and Human Resource Systems
- Manage and lead all back of house systems
- Develop information architecture and enforce enterprise application standards, guidelines, and principles.
- Manage current and future needs in data design and content.
- Resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
- Work with Business, Application, and Operations counterparts to assure data integrity and consistency.
- Interpret requirements, define subject area models, align with & review business enterprise model
- Create logical data models and structural dimensional model
- Develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all BI components
- Assist in building of enterprise application blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, and accessed at Art Van
- Establish information alignment with business goals & objectives
- Create information structures that underpin business KPIs and create insights.
- Build a common meta-model
- Integrate metadata from disparate systems into unified meta-model
- Define a BI layer on top of the metadata repository to provide business process oriented dashboards & ad hoc capability
- Serves in capacity as the enterprise information management advisor with the business to "solve" business problems via information management principles.
- Lead data quality management practice
- Support compliance and liaise with both internal and external audit on IT and systems related matters
Skills / Requirements
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient in SDLC & project management methodology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- Practical knowledge of PMO concepts and software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies; agile methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter surrounding current and evolving application solutions, industry standards and best practices .
- Furniture experience and multi-site retail operations a plus
- IT Leadership: Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of methods for conducting activities which identify and address stakeholders’ needs and consulting to and with the business on the application systems potential impacts. Experience leading technical solution design; data mapping along with overall financial analysis.
- Strong communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups. Influence is a key success factor for this role.
- Knowledge of how the delivery of IT solutions can enable achievement of business requirements. Skills required include innovative problem solving; decision-making; risk taking; execution expertise.
- Working comprehension of research methods to evaluate stakeholder requirements and responses. Knowledge of the company’s business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, with a solid understanding of furniture and retail operations and leading practices
- Vender management and onshore/offshore experience
- 3-5 years of extensive experience working with ERP, Preferred Net-suite, Salesforce.com, supply chain, planning, forecasting, EDI, and data warehouse management systems.
- Experience in Implementation of Net-Suite and can speak to the success of implementation is a plus.
- Successful track record of managing large projects and IT initiatives
- Previous experience with advanced data modeling and information engineering principles. Proficiency in data flows, technology evaluation and business intelligence.
- IT standards literacy: Previous experience with standards such as TOGAF architecture framework, ITIL, COBIT.
- Experience in data warehouse methodology: Multi-Dimensional / Star Schema, dimensional modeling
- Experience in design and implementation of an enterprise data model, metadata solution and data management solution
- Experience in data processing including ETL and building data marts or data warehouses via azure data lakes or AWS
- Experience managing staff and leading a cross-functional team
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2601