Director: Creative Copy, Advertising/Marketing
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge branding and creative design? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Director of Creative Copy in the Advertising/Marketing department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Director of Creative Copy? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Vice President of Brand Strategy and Creative, you will be responsible for providing breakthrough, brand-altering creative design, and vision and strategy to Art Van’s marketing efforts. Manage a team of copywriters and work cross-functionally with other Brand and Campaign team members and outside agencies. Maintain relationships with creative, merchant, and executive partners to create best in class copy to address Art Van’s strategies. Responsible for writing and overseeing the creation of informative and engaging copy focusing on features/benefits and promotion.
- Lead the copy team in creation of best-in-class communications while considering the consumer mindset in all creative components as both a working manger and a hands-on writer
- Maintain a strong strategic relationship with channel partners to stay abreast of developments in strategy, objectives, testing initiatives, data and analytics, and e-commerce sales & traffic performance.
- Promote the professional development of department by encouraging staff to stay abreast of current trends, technology and relevant media
- Provide clear and concise direction to direct reports in terms of developing copy, concepts, troubleshooting issues and setting goals
- Act as the anchor point for aligning creative development, work with other channel-specific strategic objectives and build partnerships to bridge the creative connection between cross-functions
- Own, develop, and manage the copy guidelines and continually update guidelines to coincide with strategic shifts and/or seasonal requirements
- Partner with VP Brand Strategy and Creative, art directors, and writers to develop fresh concepts and storytelling ideas that accomplish project objectives, maximize the impact of each message, and ensure accuracy in all finished products
- Provide copy direction on all creative department projects from creative conception to completion
- Receive direction and present proposed copy solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Present work to peers, partners, and management in a clear, professional manner. Where appropriate, include research that will support chosen strategies
- Work with external vendors to provide creative feedback on outsourced projects and communicate brand updates to these vendors as needed
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Advertising, English or other related area with an emphasis on writing
- A minimum of five years’ experience in creative copy management or related area. Experience in furniture or home industry a plus
- Knowledge of social, editorial, and SEO copy
- Expert understanding of marketing campaign development and the various mediums and channels such as print, catalog, in-store, emails, etc.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented with ability to meticulously proofread
- Strong visual and creative sensibilities to translate creative concepts into materials
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3211