Digital Commerce - Front End Developer
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Front End Developer in the Digital Commerce department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Front End Developer? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Site Operations/User Experience Director, you will be responsible for producing high quality, front end web code with an emphasis on efficiency, ease of maintenance, compatibility and reducing page load time. This is completed by converting cross functional business, promotional, and project specifications into logical coding. This role develops and supports all company web and mobile-based applications from development, coding, training and on-going support. The goal of the position is to enhance the company’s web and mobile presence through developing and maintaining state of the art web and mobile applications. In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Produce user interface code, adhering to the style and guidance of the design and technical teams and adhering to all required business requirements
- Support the web and mobile presence of the company through daily promotional content and new site layouts
- Ability to architect complex responsive web applications (multipage and/or single page) using MVC design patterns
- Work as the technical member on cross-functional teams addressing web and mobile related systems and initiatives
- Create coding process best practices and help determine tools and resources
- Responsible for all cross-browser testing and ensuring a consistent look and feel
- Accepts feedback and adapts work product to maximize end-user value and ease of use
- Optimize work for desktop, tablet, mobile publishing
- Accountable for technical accuracy and quality of own work
- Familiarity with ADA compliance to meet standards
- Provide technical input into future enhancements of the company’s web and mobile-based marketing and communication efforts.
- Provide maintenance support for existing and future company web and mobile applications.
- Maintain a full understanding of innovations and changes in the web and mobile-based programming arena.
- Adhere to internal development and source management standards.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS)
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in Computer Science, MIS or business is preferred.
- Experience performing web and mobile design tasks of moderate to high complexity that requires research, analysis and in-depth front-end programming.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Ability to perform system design and specification development, program logic, flow charting, testing, de-bugging and user documentation.
- Experience interacting with clients to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Basic project management experience for medium to large sized projects.
- Experience writing reports and business correspondence.
- Experience presenting information effectively and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Technical Skills:
- Understanding of cross browser/cross platform limitations and solutions is required along with JIRA (issue and project tracking software) and Agile Development
- Prefer experience with one of more of the following - Google Analytics/Webmaster Tools, Eclipse, Git, Cyberduck
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus - Ajax and JSON.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3460