Art Van Furniture is a leader in the furniture industry. Our immediate growth plans call for us to almost double in size over the next few years. Growing Sales and Building Talent are our priorities and we are looking for high performing Interior Design Specialists.
The Design Specialist provides store-level interior design consultation while delivering an exceptional client experience. Skillful in relationship selling and a design expertise, the Design Specialist will collaborate and support the sales associates to enhance the client’s experience through influence of fashion design and trends thus maximizing sales opportunities, delivering profitable sales and creating client loyalty. Will provide, on a fee-for-service basis, varying levels of advice and direction on planning room layouts, furnishings and décor utilizing goods and services available from AVF and SSI. Provide clients with access to design-gallery quality services and consultation within AVF and SSI. Key results areas:
- Written/Delivered Sales
- Net Average Sale
- Closing Percentage
- Gross Margin
- Influence Sales %
- NPS Score
In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Substantial floor presence with the responsibility of assisting associates with sales and providing client service to unattended clients.
- Build and maintain personal sales levels by initiating contacts to new clients as well as participating in "team selling" (TO) activities within the store.
- Must create a personal "book of business" by initiating, creating and coordinating interior design projects for clients.
- Develop and maintain community contacts and relationships designed to bring new clients and incremental new business into Art Van stores.
- Brainstorm, conceptualize and implement creative concepts electronically or through manual techniques. Offer multiple ideas/concepts for projects with budgets that meet client requirements.
- Complete client projects within deadlines provided and suggest new ways to increase efficiency in the design process.
- Create and distribute ongoing client communications designed to support the Guest-Client-Advocate process.
- Develop and conduct seminars and classes designed to introduce the community to available services.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS).
- Specific objectives and performance standards for essential duties and responsibilities are established annually in the associate’s performance review document.
- Understand, design and suggest solutions for furnishing, lighting, accessories, and wall art and tabletop accents.
- Understand availability, within the market, of other specialized services and goods. (I.e. wall and window coverings, flooring, floor coverings, suspended lighting and any other items necessary to complete the project to the client’s specifications.
- Maintain and demonstrate an understanding of current internal and external fashion trends.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Certification/Licensure: Associate level education in Interior Design or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Although not required, being a Licensed Interior Designer is preferred. (ASID membership preferred.)
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of interior design experience.
- Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Computer skills: Proficient in Windows-based computer applications. Should possess sufficient computer skills to prepare memos, reports, spreadsheets and other correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong client orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, time management and organizational skills. Basic knowledge of retail business strategies.
- Understand how to illustrate projects through both manual sketches and using simple computer aided design (CAD).
- Shows Drive & Initiative: Pursues high standards and maintains a high level of productivity. Focuses on meaningful results and achieve them. Puts in extra effort to accomplish critical goals and looks for new ways to improve.
- Promotes Teamwork & Collaboration: Clearly links how day to day activities fit into the overall company mission, builds and promotes teamwork among groups to get better business results. Acknowledges and celebrates team accomplishments.
- Makes Sound Decisions: Considers company strategy, "pro’s and con’s" to the business and PARTNERS values in decision making. Uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time and chooses the best alternative.
- Self-Improvement: Places an emphasis on learning and being more effective. Open to coaching and feedback, willing to accept new challenges to improve. Proactive about staying informed of the industry and competition.
- Can demonstrate excellent selling and client service skills, effectively translates to help others.
- The ability to multi-task and to work in a highly stressful and demanding environment.
- Is a role model in company values and behaviors (PARTNERS) and holds others accountable for adherence to the same.
- Working Abilities: While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the associates work will vary between the retail store, client home and warehouse environments. Normal amount of walking and standing. Occasional periods of sitting at a workstation and/or computer.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at:
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3896