Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Data Analyst in the Finance department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Data Analyst? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Senior Vice President of Analytics, you will be responsible for employing advanced analytical techniques to create and drive adoption of data-based products and processes to add business value to all aspects of the Art Van business. They will use data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights. They will leverage domain expertise and communication skills to identify data-based solutions to internal business partners’ needs, and present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making. They will create analytical processes and models for automated reporting and machine driven decision making. Other responsibilities include:
- Design/develop data modules that convert underlying raw data to more readily usable formats for reporting, data mining, etc.
- Work with cross functional teams from technology, sales, marketing, finance, and operations to gather needed information and determine analytical needs, including testing and analysis of existing and future efforts.
- Work with business users to translate business requirements into data solutions that provide actionable insights.
- Apply data analysis, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistics, visualization, and other data science techniques to derive actionable insights.
- Apply data cleansing and data mining best practices to extract, load, model, and stage large amounts of data across multiple system platforms (e.g., Salesforce, AS400, sql server, Azure data warehouse, snowflake, etc.) and external sources
- Present models and dashboards to business customers and executives.
- Present and explain technical findings to non-technical audiences to promote data-driven decision making.
- Providing on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Assess data quality and create data transformations, collaborate to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
- Outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project.
- Support the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS).
Skills / Requirements
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, statistics, economics, data science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Executes assigned project tasks within established schedule.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with consistency and accuracy.
- Natural problem-solver.
- Self-motivated, organized, team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly effective at working independently and with multiple teams simultaneously.
- 5 years of working experience in data-centric projects with at least one year experience as a data analyst
- Ability to write complex queries, conduct data cleansing, ensure data quality, and data enrichment.
- Solid experience working with Python, SQL, and/or R
- Familiarity and experience with cloud computing, especially with Azure cloud platform and tech stack, Snowflake data warehouse, etc.
- Strong expertise in reporting and data visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- Demonstrated skills in manipulation and data mining / pattern recognition of large structured and unstructured data sets
- Familiarity with furniture and/or retail domain is preferable
- Experience with Product Information Management systems is preferable
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3829