Customer Service Specialist -part-time
Art Van Furniture has been a premier furniture retailer for 60 + years in the state of Michigan. One of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, and we growing very rapidly, our growth has created opportunities to expand our award winning Customer Support team. If you like helping people we have the career for you!
Our Customer service contact center has a high energy team focused on creating the ultimate customer experience. Based out of our Corp headquarters in Warren Mi, our dynamic Customer Support team, plays a big part in what makes shopping at Art Van Furniture "easy and delightful" as you respond to and resolve guest concerns in a professional, timely and effective manner.
Your duties will include:
- Live chat with customers online
- Answering incoming calls using an automated call system
- Assisting guests who come in person to our service center with questions, dropping off or picking up merchandise for repair
- Following-up with guests (via telephone or e-mail) regarding their concern in a professional, timely and satisfactory manner
- Verifying guest purchases through invoice lookup
- Determining if the merchandise is under warranty and which warranty applies
- Scheduling appointments for service calls to guests’ homes.
- Setting appointments for in-home and in-store repairs.
- Oversee daily specialized delivery processes with delivery drivers.
- Process payments for services including cash, checks or credit.
- Communicate effectively the features and benefits of the warranty programs.
Skills / Requirements
Besides an "outgoing" and "eager to please" personality, the positions require:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service or retail experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in computers and clear understanding of Word and Excel.
Hours are 5-8pm EST Monday through Friday
Veterans are encouraged to apply. Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.