Corporate - Office General Clerk - full time
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s premier furniture retailer and one of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, is growing very rapidly. Our growth has created a new opportunity for a General Clerk in our Corporate Office.
Reporting to our Corporate Office Manager, General Clerks are responsible for preparing and processing incoming accounting mail on a daily basis to prepare items for handling by the accounting staff along with covering the reception desk when needed.
Specific duties include:
- Processing incoming mail and ensuring it is properly distributed.
- Matching invoices and purchase orders.
- Pulling and printing vendor correspondence.
- Verifying quantities, prices, discounts and freight charges.
- Entering completed invoices into the accounting system.
- Reviewing reports for accuracy.
- Handle the multi-line phone system accurately and professionally.
The position requires:
- A minimum high school education.
- One (1) to two (2) years general office experience.
- Experience with multi-line phone system.
- Data entry (10-key) skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple priorities. Must be able to work well with a diverse group in stressful, deadline oriented environment.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4162