Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Copywriter in the Marketing Department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Copywriter? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Creative Director Brand and Copy, you will be responsible for crafting strategic, brand-driven messaging including print, digital, social and brand campaigns, as well as compelling product copy rich in SEO. Specific duties include:
- Generate consistently creative copy while juggling shifting priorities and multiple projects
- Participate on a variety of creative assignments including marketing and advertising collateral, product pages, business descriptions, website updates, social, brand, and custom projects.
- Understand omni-channel messaging and remain diligent to both the consumer mindset and brand voice and tone in all creative components throughout the channels
- Collaborate and partner with Art Directors to translate concepts into effective messaging
- Stay abreast of furniture, design and retail trends
- Regularly review competitive catalogs, emails, social media and websites to maintain awareness of competitive landscape
- Diligently proofread your own and other colleagues’ work for all projects across channels
- Concept Development
- Contribute to brainstorming meetings and help to conceptualize ideas with creative team for new projects
- Create SEO copy for our growing number of product category pages.
- Maintain product details on the website. Work with the purchasing team and vendors to ensure we have all the product information sought by our customers
- Create exciting and compelling content to highlight unique features and benefits for every product while keeping SEO implications top of mind.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
Skills / Requirements
This is a high-volume position with a wide variety of projects and deadlines. As such, qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising Writing or Communications writing
- Minimum 2 years of copywriting experience; preferably in a retail omni-channel environment
- Technical Skills:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines on a pre-set weekly schedule
- Experience working closely with designers and in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of SEO management tools such as Google Analytics required; Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not required
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3552