- Work collaboratively and effectively with other sales staff and leadership to meets or exceed team sales goals and works with sales coach to build plans for improvement areas
- Act as a resource for associates who are learning the role sales.
- Maximize every customer opportunity by following the GUEST selling process and properly leveraging other sales expertise or relationships when appropriate.
- Meet or exceed the store’s Value Add goals.
- Promote team work and depict behaviors that are in line with our PARTNERS Values.
- Frequently utilize Sales Associate Workbench tools to improve Key Results Areas
- Develop and maintain community contacts and relationships designed to bring new customers and incremental new business into Art Van stores.
- Brainstorm, conceptualize and implement creative concepts electronically or through manual techniques. Offer multiple ideas/concepts for projects with budgets that meet customer requirements.
- Understand, design and suggest solutions for furnishing, lighting, accessories, and wall art and tabletop accents.
- Complete customer projects within deadlines provided and suggest new ways to increase efficiency in the design process.
- Create and distribute ongoing client communications designed to support the Guest-Customer-Advocate process.
- Develop and conduct seminars and classes designed to introduce the community to the available services.
- Understand availability, within the market, of other specialized services and goods to the customer’s specifications.
- Source and recommend local vendors and suppliers necessary to augment company product and service offerings. Negotiate with vendors to obtain competitive pricing.
- Assist daily in maintaining store standards and store appearance.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Associate level education in Interior Design or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Although not required, being a Licensed Interior Designer in the State of Michigan is preferred. (ASID certified preferred.)
- 6 years’ experience in a customer service environment preferably in an environment that has, at a minimum, required add on sales, 5 years interior design experience, 3 years previous inside sales experience selling packages, has all Art Van sales certifications including Pure Sleep Level 5, Designer, and Custom Orders
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and the ability to quickly learn and efficiently use Art Van’s POS system for routine and non-routine tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Strong negotiation skills.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of retail business strategies.
- Understand how to illustrate projects through both manual sketches and using simple computer aided design (CAD).
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.