Client Specialist Lead
Art Van Furniture, Michigan's largest furniture retailer and America's largest independent furniture retailer, is growing! Our growth is your opportunity for success! We are seeking a Client Specialist Lead to join our team.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Client Specialist Lead is to deliver an exceptional guest experience through relationship selling and guest follow-up thus maximizing sales opportunities, delivering profitable sales and creating Client Loyalty. The Client Specialist Lead is fully skilled in team selling and will assist entry level client specialists and designers. The Client Specialist Lead will either have design training or can be a certified interior designer who provides store-level interior design consultation and sales or on a fee-for-service basis, providing various levels of advice and direction on planning room layouts, furnishings and décor. Will be able to reach these goals: Delivered Sales, Net Average Sale, Net Promoter Score, Email Address Collection and Value Adds. Other responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other sales staff and leadership to meets or exceed team sales goals and works with sales coach to build plans for improvement areas
- Act as a resource for associates who are learning the role sales.
- Maximize every customer opportunity by following the GUEST selling process and properly leveraging other sales expertise or relationships when appropriate.
- Meet or exceed the store’s Value Add goals.
- Promote team work and depict behaviors that are in line with our PARTNERS Values.
- Frequently utilize Sales Associate Workbench tools to improve Key Results Areas
- Develop and maintain community contacts and relationships designed to bring new customers and incremental new business into Art Van stores.
- Brainstorm, conceptualize and implement creative concepts electronically or through manual techniques. Offer multiple ideas/concepts for projects with budgets that meet customer requirements.
- Understand, design and suggest solutions for furnishing, lighting, accessories, and wall art and tabletop accents.
- Complete customer projects within deadlines provided and suggest new ways to increase efficiency in the design process.
- Create and distribute ongoing client communications designed to support the Guest-Customer-Advocate process.
- Develop and conduct seminars and classes designed to introduce the community to the available services.
- Understand availability, within the market, of other specialized services and goods to the customer’s specifications.
- Source and recommend local vendors and suppliers necessary to augment company product and service offerings. Negotiate with vendors to obtain competitive pricing.
- Assist daily in maintaining store standards and store appearance.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Associate level education in Interior Design or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Although not required, being a Licensed Interior Designer in the State of Michigan is preferred. (ASID certified preferred.)
- 6 years’ experience in a customer service environment preferably in an environment that has, at a minimum, required add on sales, 5 years interior design experience, 3 years previous inside sales experience selling packages, has all Art Van sales certifications including Pure Sleep Level 5, Designer, and Custom Orders
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications and the ability to quickly learn and efficiently use Art Van’s POS system for routine and non-routine tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Strong negotiation skills.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of retail business strategies.
- Understand how to illustrate projects through both manual sketches and using simple computer aided design (CAD).
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.