Chief of Staff
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Chief of Staff to support our Chief Executive Officer.
In this position you will be working directly for the CEO and in collaboration with other senior leaders to support the business. The CoS will manage external relationships and partnerships for the CEO, prepare for and coordinate senior leadership meetings, prepare timely, high quality deliverables appropriate for senior-level audiences. As a liaison to executives and external organizations, the CoS must be confident working across all levels of stakeholders to drive programs, actions and deliverables. The CoS will serve as an extension for the CEO in collaborating with corporate communications, human resources, business development and other internal functions. Responsibilities include;
- Prepare for and coordinate senior-level internal meetings and document key topics, outcomes and action items
- Synthesize information into succinct activities/action items. Track, monitor and drive progress against actions to ensure timely completion
- Engage with senior leaders (both internal and external to the organization) to drive progress on major initiatives on behalf of the CEO
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to support major initiatives with partner organizations, media and external stakeholders.
- Support preparation for internal and external meetings, events and activities.
- Assist with the development of presentations, speeches, written articles (in collaboration with corporate communications) and social media posts.
- Participate with the CEO for senior-level meetings, programs, initiatives both internal and external to Art Van.
- Assist the CEO and collaborate with the Executive Assistant to prioritize and schedule key events, programs and initiatives to maximize available time and resources
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS).
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Business or any other related field
- 8+ years’ experience in operations consulting / strategy / stakeholder and project management or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in administrative affairs to include chief of staff or equivalent, organizational process improvement, and direct support of an executive
- Demonstrated business acumen within the areas of staffing, finance, operations management, and legal compliance best practices
- Established Relationships: Relates well to others and builds trust. Effectively builds relationships at all level to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Proficient in MS Office with ability to learn new technology
- Strong project management skills with ability to drive initiatives forward at both the detail and big-picture levels. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, strategic, and process driven
- Top caliber interpersonal skills: ability to communicate, present, influence, and explain across multiple cross-functional stakeholders and management levels
- Ability to define metrics for success and track KPIs towards those metrics
- Entrepreneurial: you’re a self-starter who loves to own things from start to completion. You make things happen and don’t need to ask for permission first.
- Complete integrity, presence, and confidence. Ability to influence at all levels in the organization. Flexibility in a dynamic, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3424