As the Midwest's leading furniture and mattress retailer, Art Van Furniture has built a fifty-seven year record of success. With over $1B in annual sales, we are now looking to expand our highly successful operation by adding a buyer.
We are seeking an experienced buying and sourcing professional who has had an extensive background purchasing and developing furniture from both domestic and direct sourcing. The ability to develop and acquire products that can be unique to our organization would be a major asset. Reporting to the Vice President of Merchandising, the successful candidate will have a clear charter and the support required to rapidly create an unparalleled selection of products for presentation to our customers.
- Experience or education equating to a two-year degree in merchandising, purchasing or business.
- Seven to ten year PROVEN TRACK RECORD of furniture purchasing and sourcing experience is REQUIRED. Candidates without furniture purchasing and sourcing experience will not be considered.
- Experience in product development would be highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Extensive experience negotiating with vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an outstanding salary, performance based incentive, and excellent benefits including a 401(k) with company match. Interested candidates can apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com. Art Van Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3918