Business Analyst for Omni-Channel
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Business Analyst in the Omni Channel department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Business Analyst? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Senior Product Manager of Omni Channel, you will be responsible for consulting with our business users to develop and document detailed understandings of our business requirements in eCommerce, translating those requirements into functional specifications and technical needs. He/She is also responsible for defining the project testing strategy and for coordinating and ensuring consistent and appropriate testing by project QA team members, for coordinating testing with UAT testing teams and for ensuring full and appropriate use of test automation frameworks.
- Facilitate business user requirement gathering sessions with external and internal stakeholders; documenting those requirements into user stories, activity diagrams and functional specifications.
- Work with Project Managers and business users on project requests to ensure timely and effective delivery of requirements documentation in line with agreed upon project timeframe.
- Collaborate with Agile teams to develop Technical and QA best practices and ensure adherence to them, and make sure that appropriate business requirements are satisfactorily tested before deployment.
- Provide hands on support to perform testing activities and validating quality of releases.
- Ensure appropriate use of automation and regression tests.
- Create automated test scripts to monitor web site links and common tasks to ensure compliance with expected functionality on production website(s) on a regular basis.
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of omni-channel applications.
- Provide thought leadership in omni-channel best practices, and be part of the selection and recommendation of applications and their ancillary systems
- Identify and present process improvements for requirements gathering and documentation of those requirements
- Triage website functionality issues or questions, communicate findings and enter a project request enhancement or fix ticket as required.
- Assist with documentation of test case scenarios and review test cases for completeness.
- Tracks and reports project status and hours on a designated basis.
- Work collaboratively as part of Agile project teams.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Authorities as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applies corporate values (PARTNERS).
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years IT and/or Business experience.
- 2+ years hands on experience as a Business Analyst, QA Analyst or technical Project Manager in an eCommerce or retail environment.
- Experience interacting with business users to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware)
or a similar large eCommerce platform is preferred.
- Experience with Selenium or similar automated testing tools preferred.
- Detail Orientation - Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Process Documentation - Experience writing process documentation using Microsoft Visio or similar product, user stories, user acceptance testing documentation and business correspondence.
- QA Testing - Strong functional understanding of e-commerce testing for core platform and integrations
- Agile Development - Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies and use of the JIRA / Confluence tool set.
- Customer Focused - Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Business Acumen - Understands how business works; knows the competition; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology; and information affecting his/her business and organization. Uses data information to improve service, and acts with customer in mind. Understands the organization’s mission, values, operations, and goals.
- Results Oriented - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully. Steadfastly pushes self, partners, and others for results. Able to define, measure, and report meaningful measures of service and process effectiveness.
- Process Orientation - Familiarity with the ITIL process model. Uses practices, processes, and systems to manage work and to simplify and use resources efficiently and effectively. Drives change through process design and implementation.
- Vendor Management -Able to develop metrics that measure the value contributed by partners and hold them accountable for results.
- Planning and Organization - Sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Team Oriented - Promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers.
- Peer Relationships - can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can influence others and solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Encourages collaboration and is effective at owning a process that spans groups of stakeholders.
- Decision Making - Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment. Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one. Sought out by others for advice and solutions. Able to prioritize activities and set goals and milestones.
- Technical Learning - Understands all components of IT infrastructure and how they support the business; is good at learning industry, company, product, or technical knowledge developments.
- Presentation and Communication Skills - Effectively communicates processes and project status to diverse audiences with clarity and conciseness.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3907