Business Analyst - eCommerce Intern
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a Business Analyst - eCommerce Intern in the Information Technology department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Business Analyst - eCommerce Intern? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Product Manager of eCommerce, you will be responsible for consulting with our business users to develop and document detailed understandings of our business requirements in eCommerce, translating those requirements into functional specifications and technical needs. During your time here, you’ll be a key member within a product team focused on improving the ArtVan.com customer experience and delivering solutions that will go live on the site.
For anyone interested in gaining real experience and exposure to the fast-paced world of eCommerce, this is a great opportunity!
The Business Analyst - eCommerce Intern must undertake responsibilities including the following:
- Facilitate business user requirement gathering sessions with external and internal stakeholders; documenting those requirements into use cases, activity diagrams and functional specifications
- Work with IT Project Managers and business users on project requests to ensure timely and effective delivery of requirements documentation in line with agreed upon project timeframe;
- Lead efforts to evaluate, select, recommend and implement appropriate software & system solutions that support and enable the delivery of eCommerce applications
- Provide thought leadership in eCommerce best practices, the selection and recommendation of eCommerce applications and their ancillary systems
- Identify and present process improvements for requirements gathering and documentation of those requirements
- Triage website functionality issues or questions, communicate findings and enter a project request enhancement or fix ticket as required
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging eCommerce related technologies and the potential application of them within our processes and systems
- Assist with documentation of test case scenarios and review test cases for completeness
- Tracks and reports project status and hours on a designated basis
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
- Adhere to internal development and source management standards.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Education: Studying for a Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience in Computer Science, MIS or Business Systems is required; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must be comfortable interacting with business users to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Previous experience in related business and/or within the retail industry preferred
- Basic project management experience for small to medium sized projects
- Experience writing reports and/or business correspondence
- Experience presenting information effectively and responding to questions from company leadership, business partners, peers and the general public
- Technical Skills:
- Exposure to some digital systems (marketing, IT, coding, etc.).
- Previous experience interning as a Business Analyst or working on an eCommerce platform preferred.
- Possess an entry level understanding of digital functionality and infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of Agile Development methodologies required. Knowledge of web ticketing tools (JIRA / Confluence).
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3605