Assistant Warehouse Manager: Delivery
The Midwest’s Largest Furniture and Mattress Retailer Art Van Furniture (www.artvan.com) is seeking an experienced assistant warehouse manager - Deliveries at our Warren, MI Distribution Center. The qualified candidate will have exemplary leadership skills and experienced leading large teams in a fast paced, high volume distribution environment.
Our Continued growth in the Midwest with new store openings has created the need to add to our Leadership team in our Distribution Center. Reporting to one of the Delivery Warehouse Managers this qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Ensures merchandise is staged and prepped for loading for delivery
- Ensures merchandise is loaded appropriately to prevent damage
- Validates merchandise is delivered timely, accurately and free of damage
- Validates merchandise is correctly logged when returned; works with the loss prevention team when necessary
- Responsible for the disposition and/or allocation of merchandise returned: reschedule delivery, if damaged; how and why, can merchandise be fixed, returned to stock; returning a special order item
- Ensures proper disposal of items picked up from guest as well as packing materials removed from merchandise
- Staff Management
- Supervise delivery team
- Ensure proper and safe use of equipment; and protective gear is utilized or work by staff
- Maintains delivery schedule for determining work schedule of drivers; adjusts staff level according volume/priorities
- May prepare delivery board
- Covers sick calls
- Provides training to new associates
- Discusses performance with associate at least once a year
- Responds to and makes decisions on calls from guests regarding:
- Timing of delivery
- Customer service of drivers and/or helper fill-in driver or other associate who interact with the guest
- In home damage
- Maintenance of delivery trucks
- Ensures trucks are functioning properly
- Ensures trucks are scheduled for maintenance and return working correctly
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures and apply corporate values (PARTNERS)
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- College degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of four (4) years of increasing responsibility in a distribution environment including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and computer operating systems.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity; please apply on-line at: www.artvan.com/careers.
We offer a competitive salary, career growth and challenge as well as an outstanding slate of company paid benefits. Please include your salary history and requirements with your application.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3754