Analytics Team - Test and Learn Manager
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest furniture and mattress retailer with over $1.3 billion in annual sales is seeking a Manager of Analytics for Testing and Learning to join our Business Analytics group. Art Van currently operates over 180 locations in nine states under the Art Van, Levin Furniture, Wolf Furniture, Pure Sleep, and Scott Shuptrine Interiors banners. We have grown dramatically over the past decade and expect to continue that growth in the future.
Art Van Furniture is owned by Thomas H. Lee Partners ("THL"), one of the world's oldest and most experienced private equity firms. Founded in 1974, THL has raised over $22 billion of equity capital and invested in more than 140 portfolio companies with an aggregate value of over $150 billion.
As a key member of our Business Analytics group, the Test and Learn Analytics Manager will be part of a team that Develops, reviews and analyzes the business to meet consumer demands.
Reporting to our Vice President - Analytics, this position will be tasked with leading the development and implementation of Analytical tools to support our business in relationship to pricing and consumer demands. He or she will also be involved in creating and monitoring company objectives and preparing presentations up to the Executive and Board level.
The successful candidates will be passionate and relentlessly focused on driving outcomes. They will be growth-oriented, with a strong understanding for operational and financial metrics, and how operational initiatives can impact those metrics. The candidate will have strong partnership and project management orientation, understanding how to effectively mobilize company and 3rd party resources and drive alignment of stakeholders around key initiatives.
The expectation is that a high-performing candidate may have the opportunity to take a Director-level Operational role in the business following 2-3 years in this role.
- Partner with leadership to develop the strategic growth plan for Art Van’s portfolio of brands
- Develop a rolling mid-range strategic plan and translate to annual operating priorities and financial goals.
- Will work with team to develop, test, report and implement process to increase Sales and EBITDA by working with several cross-functional teams.
- Conduct industry and customer research to inform strategy. Monitor competitive and other disruptive trends that can present threat or opportunity for the business.
- Evaluate new business opportunities, and build business cases to set urgency and mandate for change.
- Define and track key operational metrics that tie to desired financial outcomes through effective pricing.
- Analyze the business, identifying opportunities that can deliver sales and EBITDA growth tied to high-level corporate goals.
- Work with Financial Analysis to develop metrics and dashboards that bring higher visibility to operational metrics
- Conduct in-depth quantitative and qualitative analyses to understand recent trend lines in performance against those operational metrics and underlying operational drivers
- Identify opportunities for improvement, build data driven hypotheses tied to business impact, and garner sponsorship for change at Executive level.
- Lead cross-functional projects to deliver business impact and meet strategic goals
- Work with senior leaders of the business to garner support for key initiatives
- Design and manage complex and detailed work plans
- Assemble and manage cross-functional working teams
- Advocate for, identify, source, and manage 3rd party resources where necessary to help in execution
- Provide valuable bandwidth to functional and business unit resources. Become a sounding board to company managers to shape priorities and develop action plans
- Communicate progress to the Executive team
- Participate in the Executive Team cadence, providing regular reporting on progress against strategic initiatives.
- Prepare executive updates for use up to the Board.
Skills / Requirements
- Exceptional academic background with undergraduate degree at a minimum.
- 5-8 years of professional experience with a mix of consulting and industry experience. Retail experience preferred.
- Strong metric orientation and bias for action. Demonstrated success driving top & bottom line results, and leading large scale change.
- Deep analytical expertise and comfort with Financial and operating metrics in a retail environment.
- Strong strategic mindset
- Ability to think small and big. High attention to detail combined with ability to identify large scale trends and impact on the business.
- High level of executive maturity, with ability to communicate effectively up to the Board level in multiple formats - presentations, memos, and verbal updates.
- Strong Platform skills with ability to build personal and professional relationships quickly with senior leaders.
Art Van Furniture is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base, incentive, equity opportunity, 401(k), and a comprehensive slate of benefits. Learn more about our company by viewing the company video at
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3168