Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s premier furniture and mattress retailer and one of America’s 10 largest furniture retailers, continues to grow very rapidly. Our growth has created a new opening opportunity for a an accountant to join our corporate finance team.
In this role, reporting to our Accounting Manager, the Accountant is responsible for preparing and posting monthly journal entries; completing bank reconciliations and preparing and maintaining spreadsheets. The successful applicant must demonstrate a strong knowledge of general accounting policies, procedures and processes that are part of the general accounting field. Other duties include:
- Communicate, follow up and resolve bank reconciliation discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Run queries and compile data as assigned
- Communicate to management identified issues and concerns.
- Prepare account analysis and reconcile to general ledger
- Special projects as assigned.
The position requires:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of two to four years general accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple priorities. Must be able to work well with a diverse group in a deadline oriented environment.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Excel at the EXPERT level (pivot tables, Vlookups). Proficiency with Word and Power Point also required.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3018