Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking an Accountant.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a Corporate Accountant? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for creating and posting monthly journal entries, preparing trial balances, completing bank reconciliations, preparing sales and using tax information, making deposits, preparing financial reports, reviewing and approving accounts payable checks, and preparing and filing 1099 forms.
- Create and post monthly journal entries and create support for spreadsheets.
- Prepare trial balances timely and accurately.
- Complete reconciliations of bank statements, cash receipts, cash deposits, etc. as assigned. Communicate, follow up and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis; as required.
- Prepare sales & use tax information for review by accounting management.
- Make cash and tax deposits timely.
- Prepare financial reports timely and accurately as assigned.
- Review accounts payable checks for accuracy and completeness prior to releasing to vendor.
- Prepare and file 1099 forms, subject to review by accounting management.
- Run queries as assigned.
- Review reports prepared by clerical staff for accuracy and completeness prior to distribution.
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field preferred.)
- A minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accurate, detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a 10-key.
- Computer proficiency in Excel and Word; and familiar with database software and accounting applications package for general accounting functions.
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com.
Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4334