This posting has expired and is no longer available.
To assist the Office Manager in overseeing, managing, coordinating, and providing hands on leadership for the store office to ensure we meet or exceed the company’s goals, objectives and standards. These goals and standards include but are not limited to developing and maintaining a top office team, creating a unique guest service culture and seeking ways for the office to drive profitable sales. You will support the Office Manager in meeting or exceeding store administrative targets related to office security (cash balancing and processing, deposits, bad debt collection), inventory control, payroll, delivery/service calls, as well as select, hire, train, develop and manage quality office associates.
You must partner in the training and development of your office team to exceed our guests’ expectations, driving customer retention and repeat purchases. You will utilize various company techniques coupled with your own background and skills to develop plans with the Office Manager for all of the above.
Also, you are expected to assume the responsibilities of the Office Manager when they are absent as well as execute and maintain the various company standard operating procedures related to the office, delivery, accounting, inventory control and guest service. You will report directly to Office Manager
- Ensures customer satisfaction by actively managing the guest experience at the counter or on the phone (pre and post sale)
- Oversees processes related to office security (cash balancing, deposits, bad debt collections, etc) to reduce loss to AVF
- Partners with sales management to resolve guest "source" calls and reduce cancellations
- Office staff is scheduled appropriately for coverage while minimizing payroll expenses
- Trains, motivates and holds accountable all staff members
- Assists in inventory management by ensuring transfers, returns, and undelivered merchandise are properly recorded and documented in AVF system
Skills / Requirements
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Shows Drive & Initiative: Pursues high standards and maintains a high level of productivity. Focuses on meaningful results and achieve them. Puts in extra effort to accomplish critical goals and looks for new ways to improve
- Manages Execution & Accountability: Effectively delegates and manages time. Sets and communicates clear expectations, measures performance results and holds people accountable for achieving goals within expected timelines.
- Establishes Relationships: Relates well to others and builds trust. Effectively builds relationships at all levels to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
- Makes Sound Decisions: Considers company strategy, "pro’s and con’s" to the business and PARTNERS values in decision making.
- Uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time and chooses the best alternative
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Is a role model in company values and behaviors (PARTNERS)
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.